Strikes / Delay and Deviation Expenses
CLP Insurance Brokers plays a major role in the development of delay risks both for Ship owners and for Ports and Terminal Operators. We enjoy strong relationships with the top providers of these insurances. CLP Insurance Brokers are truly the best placed Broker to place the best coverage based on a good understanding of your needs.
The risks covered can arise from terrestrial, airborne or seaborne exposures including political risks. Exposures covered include but are not limited to:
Strikes, closure of port or disruption causing an insured vessel to be delayed.
- Crew Strikes.
- Weather exposures such as wind, lightening, tempest.
- Earthquake, volcanic eruption, tidal wave.
- Closure of borders for political reasons.
- High or low water or physical obstruction of ports, terminals, berths or waterways.
- Pollution, infestation and quarantine.
- Collision, stranding and grounding of vessels.
- Stowaways or drugs on board vessels.
- Machinery Breakdown.
- Desertion/Detention of Crew.
- Deviation Expenses.
Being additional costs and expenses arising from vessel having to deviate as a result of death, illness or injury to crew and/or passengers onboard.
The above are examples of the cover available which can be arranged very quickly, efficiently and competitively.