War and Terrorism (including Kidnap & Ransom) Insurance
CLP Insurance Brokers places a large book of war business into the International Insurance Markets. Such coverage has become a necessity for Ship Owners and Charterers with an increase in piracy incidents and kidnapping of the crew and CLP Insurance Brokers prides itself on the complex placements and bespoke coverages that we place on behalf of our clients.
CLP Insurance Brokers collate up to date daily information on the ever changing war risks market from industry sources in order that we are in a position to act quickly to provide peace of mind to our clients.
Through our strong Underwriter relationships and technological advances, CLP Insurance Brokers are in a strong position to provide very quick response times which is of the utmost importance with this type of insurance coverage. We have experience in the handling of hijackings and piracy attacks and the taking of crew as hostages and have gained invaluable knowledge from these incidents to enable CLP Insurance Brokers to support our clients in such difficult situations.
Coverage Offered includes:
- War, civil war, revolution and rebellion
- Capture, seizure, arrest, restraint and detention
- Derelict mines, torpedoes, bombs or other derelict weapons of war
- Strikes and labour disturbances
- Terrorists, people acting maliciously or from a political motive
- Violent theft by people from outside the ship
- Barratry of Master and Crew
- War Loss of Hire
- Masters Cash
- War P&I
- Blocking and Trapping